Extend the Life of Your Asphalt With Seal Coating in Indianapolis
The process of asphalt sealcoating is one of the best things you can do for your new surface in Indianapolis. At Preferred Asphalt Inc., we apply thin layers of seal coating to your pavement. The coating is made up of asphalt cement or coal tar pitch. The solution is also mixed with emulsifying agents, water and additives. Before applying the sealant, we will make sure any cracks are filled in and potholes are patched. This will prepare the surface to be the most effective when sealed.
The Benefits of Having Your Pavement Sealed
The following are just some of the ways asphalt sealing is beneficial:
- Cleaning – Sealing will make the texture of your surface smooth and even, no matter the time of year. This makes cleaning it much easier, whether that means shoveling the snow or spraying off the dirt.
- Oxidation – Sealcoating slows oxidation. What this means is UV rays and oxygen are less likely to penetrate the pavement. This helps to keep gas and oil from seeping into your surface.
- Water Penetration – This process also slows water penetration because it is a waterproofing mechanism. This keeps water from creating damage when it freezes and thaws after permeation.
- Flexibility – In order to withstand the pressure from traffic and play, asphalt needs to be pliable and flexible. This happens when sealcoating gives the asphalt a dark black color, which keeps it hotter as it draws heat from the sun.
- Cost – If you’re looking to save some money on your asphalt installation, one of the best things you can do is have seal coating applied. Asphalt prices fluctuate with crude oil prices, so keeping it protected under a seal will help you maintain it for many years.